Dymo Label Software Setup - Step by Step
- Utilize Internet Explorer (version 8 or greater) to download and install the Dymo Lable Software. Once the steps are completed you will be able to utilize the browser of your choice.
- Click here and install Dymo software on your computer. The install wizard will prompt you when to connect your PC and Dymo printer.
- Open the Dymo Label Software (DLS) using the icon located on your desktop, and click on the "Print" button to ensure printing from software.
- Lambslist requires Java be installed in order to print properly. To determine if you currently have Java on your computer follow these steps:
- Check to see if you have java on your computer
- go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | Command prompt
- type in this command and hit the enter key: java -version
- if you get a version back, you have Java, skip to step 5, if you get the message, unrecognized command, go to step 4.2 and install Java
- If you don't have Java runtime environment on your computer you will need to do a quick install of Java:
- go to http://java.com
- click on Free Java Download
- click again on Free Java Download
- Select "Run"
- Just accept all of the defaults
- Download and run the LambslistLabelInstaller application - YOU MUST be an ADMINISTRATOR to run this program. It creates label files directories to support label printing
Restart your computer and open your browser to the Lambslist check-in screen
Click on “Tools” in your Menu bar and select Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab, click on “Trusted sites”, then the “Sites” button.
- Add https://checkin.lambslist.com to the list of websites, then close.
- Go to your Preferences screen within your Lambslist account and activate the SmartPrint feature under the General Options section.
- Check-in a child, if the labels print you are finished with the installation process, you may now switch to the browser of your choice.
If the label does not print you may receive the following error: "Problem preparing your Dymo printer to print. Automation server can't create object".
- Click on the "OK" box, and you should see a yellow bar at the top of the screen.
- Right click on the yellow message at the top of th browser. Select Run Add-On, then click the Run button
- You may see csc.exe is requesting access to run outside IE. Click the Run/Allow button.
- If you do not receive a yellow message bar, go to the FAQ screen and select the Dymo Framework Test
- Follow the path, then select the 'Check' button. If the test produces two "True" statements, proceed to step 11. If you receive a "True / False", you should receive the yellow bar mentioned in step 10.2. Repeat 10.2, then proceed to step 11.
- Check-in a child, if you receive an error again, or are still not able to print, please contact Lambslist Support at 800-635-3811, M-F 8-4:30 Central.