Make sure your computer(s) meet basic Lambslist requirements?
- 1ghz - CPU speed
- 512 megabytes of memory - RAM
- Connection to a router or direct connection to the Internet through cable/DSL modem
- Internet connection method (DSL, Cable, Modem) - Dial-up not recommended
- Browser - Safari 5.x and up, Firefox 3.x and up, IE 7.x and up
- OS - Mac 10.6 and up, Windows 8 and up
Are you running anti-virus software/anti-malware on your machine during check-in?
Sometimes this is a scheduled process on your computer. If so, this could slow down the computer's processes. Try disabling it for a short time to see if this is the problem.
Internet Connection Speed Test
Is your network under a heavy load on Sunday morning?
Organizations offering You Version access may experience a slowdown, as well as if videos are being downloaded for service during check-in times?
- Another issue that could cause your network to run slowly would be if your church has a router being used for check-in that is also made available to church members.
If any of these possibilities are true with your organization, try the bandwidth test by clicking on this link http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest to perform a speed test on your internet connection. If you get a download speed of fewer than 0.5 MBs (megabits per second) you are going to experience longer than average wait times on your LambsList experience. If you fail to get a download speed, you are fighting for access to the Lambslist servers with other computers/mobile devices connected to your church network. You could add a second router dedicated to your check-in system and see if that improves your performance. You can also add another dedicated internet service provider line just for check-in.
If your download times are above 0.5 MBs and the system still seems slow, provide us with the information listed in the basic requirements above and we'll help you troubleshoot. Lambslist traces slow requests from our customers by timing the response to your browser to our servers and back to your browser. We can help you determine if you are facing a network problem, or just a slow computer.