Issue #1: On some Windows 7 and Windows 8 model computers the Dymo print driver is being deactivated on a weekly basis.
- This is a result of a program on your computer called Windows Update. This program is automatically updating weekly. According to Dymo, this update disables the Dymo print driver which causes the inability to print.
Resolution: To resolve this issue, and keep the print driver from being disabled, follow these steps:
1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start Button
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Windows Update
4. Click Settings on the left-hand side of the screen
5. Select the option that best fits your needs
- Under "Recommended Updates", select the Include Recommended Updates when Downloading, Installing, or Notifying me About Updates checkbox then click OK. You may be prompted for an administrator password.
6. Un-install your Dymo software and delete your Dymo printer from your print devices, then restart your computer.
7. Re-install Dymo software. You can find the step-by-step directions here.
- (You must be logged into your LambsList account to follow this link)
8. You should now be able to check in someone from your LambsList account. If you are still unable to print, please contact LambsList Technical Support
Issue 2: The printer has been unplugged and replugged into the USB ports on the computer which creates a copy of the printer.
If there is a copy of the Dymo printer on your computer, LambsList sees two printers and is unable to tell the labels which printer to print from. To remove the copy:
Windows 8 and higher:
1. Click the Windows button
2. Click on the Settings Gear
3. Click on Devices
4. Click on Printers & Scanners on the left-hand side of the screen.
5. Find the copy.
- It will look like this: Dymo Label Writer 450 (copy1)
6. Select the copy and click on Remove Device
7. Restart your computer
8. You should now be able to check in someone from your LambsList account. If you are still unable to print, please contact LambsList Technical Support.