Occasionally, we will run into a Windows 8 box that is unable to print a label. The user is receiving a message that indicates the Label Files that Dymo needs to print the labels ARE not in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Dymo Label\Label Files path.
To correct this error, follow these steps:
- Select the Explorer icon from the desktop mode.
- Select View
- Click on 'Options'
- Select the 'View' tab
- Make sure Show hidden files, folders, or drives IS CHECKED
- Make sure Hide protected operating system files is NOT CHECKED
- Click Apply, then Ok, then close Explorer.
- Hit F5 function key to refresh your Windows Explorer View
- Re-select the Explorer icon and view the 'c:' drive, you should now a 'Documents and Settings' folder
- Right click on 'Documents and Settings', and rename it to 'Documents and Settings 2'
- Create a new folder, name it 'Documents and Settings'
- Within the new 'Documents and Settings' folder, create a folder named 'All Users'.
- Within the 'All Users' folder, create a folder named 'Documents'.
- Return to (C:) and follow this path, Users/Public/Public Documents, then copy the 'Dymo Label' folder.
- Return to (C:) follow the path: Documents and Settings/All Users/Documents, and paste the 'Dymo Label' folder in 'Documents'.
- Return to Lambslist and attempt to check-in someone and print a label.